Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Some Motivation For You

When I weighed 135kg's, shopping had to be the biggest nightmare. I avoided it at all costs and only went shopping for new clothes when the old ones were literally hanging on by a thread. I would hunt around clothing stores (only ones that sold larger clothes) and would end up having to settle for a frumpy outfit that cost a fortune. This I would then wear until it too was literally thread bear and would start the clothing treasure hunt once more. After a hard days shopping I would go home feeling very ugly...and don't even get me started on the mirrors in the store change room cubicles!

I was sooo fortunate to have been sponsored clothing by Truworths as part of my final prize, and I recently decided to go on a little spree. I cannot begin to describe how wonderful it felt to be able to shop 1) in a normal size clothing store, and 2) to feel great in what I was trying on. It doesn't mean to say I look like a supermodel, Im a size 14 currently, but it just felt so amazing to fit into trendy jackets and funky jeans without looking like the goodyear blimp.

I wish everyone could feel the way I do at the moment, and I just want to offer encouragement that YOU CAN! With a bit of hard work, effort and will power, you too can enjoy the exhiliration of fitting into gorgeous clothes. Like I said before, don't give up, that prize is out there just waiting for you to lay claim!

Liney asked if anyone had ever tried the cabbage soup diet. I am most ashamed to say I have...along with the grapefruit diet, the paw paw diet, the liquid diet, and so many more this post wouldn't be long enough to explain. All failed miserably. Why? Well, who has the guts to stick out eating just watery cabbage flavoured gruel everyday - YUK! The majority of weight you may lose will be water loss - which comes back with a vengeance when you start to eat normal again.

I think a very important thing to learn to do is love yourself - whether you weigh 135 or 55 kg's. Look at what you are doing to your body. I used to torture myself with a terrible cycle of binge eating and fad diets and I have now decided that I love myself too much to do that to myself again. I can promise that I struggle with weight loss as much as everyone else does. It's a constant daily battle to choose to eat correctly, but its something that is so worth it in the end.

I am feeling very tempted right now to try one of those fads again. I managed to get down to an incredible 73kg's, but over the past month have gained a few kg's due to my body normalising after the hectic routine I put myself through. Everytime I feel a fad whispering in my ear to try it, I think back to how I lost the weight in the first place...through good ol balanced diet and exercise. So I have resolved once more not to be overcome by my weight, but instead to love myself enough to do things the healthy way.

Imagine how you will feel at your goal weight. Let that be the driving force behind you. Motivate yourself daily, wake up in the morning and tell yourself how valuable you are. It works wonders not only for your diet, but your self esteem as well.

You are truly beautiful, and it's time you started believing that.

No comments: